Saturday Singles and Doubles - $ 47.00 per Bowler.
Sunday Team events - $ 28.00 per Bowler.
6 game combination ( All events )- $ 5.00 per Bowler.
Service fee for Team or Mixed Doubles entries - $ 4.00 per Bowler.
Total per Bowler = $84.00
Total per Team $ 420.00
Note: If you schedule your team and mixed doubles together only one service fee is required.
2. Location of the 2013 Event?
Tournament Lanes Western Bowl 6441 West Washington Street Indianapolis, In 46241 1-317-247-4426
3. How many Postal or Federal Bowlers are required & Who can Bowl ?
Tournament Rules apply to all Participants..... Please read Carefully.
A - This tournament is open to you if you are:
1. A Postal or Federal employee, member of the armed forces ( Reserves must be drawing pay ), retired postal or federal employee ( drawing an annuity ) or retired member of the armed forces ( drawing pension ).
2. A non federal bowler who has bowled in at least five (5) PFENBA National Tournaments will be issued a card and granted special status (non-fed average rules waived). (Proof of bowling in 5 tournaments must be provided by bowler before card is issued.)
3. Each team may have two (2) bowlers who are not Postal-Federal Employees. If these bowlers have not participated in the last two (2) Postal-Federal National Bowling Tournaments they may not enter with an average over 210. Exception, see rule A4.
4. Each team may four (4) bowlers who are not Postal-Federal Employees if two (2) or more are five (5) year Non-Federal bowlers as stated in rule A-2.
5. Members of the PBA of LPBT, former members whose membership has not been terminated more than two (2) years from date of entry of non-members or former professionals whom the Tournament Director may determine to be professionals will not be permitted to enter this Tournament.
6. Unmarried grade and high schools (boys and girls) who have not attained the age of eighteen (18) must have written consent of their parents or guardian in order to participate in this tournament. Said written consent must be on file with the Tournament Director at least one week before the bowler is eligible for tournament competition unless the student is accompanied by his/her parents or legal guardian, in which case the parental consent form may be filed up to the time the student starts to bowl.
B - Each bowler must check in with Tournament Office at least one hour prior to their scheduled bowing time on Saturday and have ready for inspection their USBC Cards, proof of employment for postal-federal employees or proper identification if non-postal-federal. Bowlers do not have to check in the Tournament Office on Sunday for the Team Event. Bowlers not having a USBC Membership Card may become eligible to participate by one of the following methods:
1. Adults obtain USBC membership: National dues ($10.00) plus actual dues charged by the local and state assn. the bowler is joining. $21.00 if state and local dues are not known. ($10.00 local and $1.00 state.)
2. Pay a participation fee of $5.00 men/ladies and such bowlers become subject to USBC rules and jurisdiction for the tournament. Only those entrants who are USBC members prior to participation shall qualify for USBC high score recognition. All bowlers who do not have an USBC card to present upon checking in to bowl must purchase either an unattached membership card or pay the participation fee.
4. What are the Handicap rules?
C- A bowler's average will be used to establish handicaps. Handicap is 80% of 220 bowlers with an average over 220 will bowl scratch.
D- A bowler having no acceptable entering average will be assigned an average no less than 150 for women and 170 for men. Tournament management has the authority to assign an average higher than the minimum average prior to participation.
E- Rule 319c. The average of a bowler may be adjusted upward before participation in any event. If the assigned average is not accepted by the bowler, the entry fees shall be refunded, ( Any bowler who has been rerated by the USBC, State Association, City Association or any Tournament manger must report this fact to the PFENBA Tournament Manger )
F - Rule 319a-3. Bowlers are responsible for verifying their own average, whether submitted by the bowler, the team captain of others. If the submitted average is lower than required and results in a lower classification or more handicap, the bowler's score is disqualified. If the submitted average is higher than required, prize winnings will be based on the submitted average, In case of a team of two or more bowlers, the averages will be combined to determine if the correct totals is higher or lower than the submitted total.
5. How can I have my average adjusted?
G - Rule319e applies to all participants ( average adjustment requirements ) Upon appeal or protest, the bowler must promptly supply the record of the names, dates, scores and prize winnings in all tournaments in which bowler competed within the previous 12 months.
Nothing in this rule will be deemed to supersede the authority of tournament management or local association to adjust a bowler's average upward.
Correction in averages can be made within 72 hours after completion of a series if the Tournament Manager prior to the completion of the first game of the series, has given written consent to the bowler authorizing such extension of time to correct bowler's average.
6. What is the average rule?
AVERAGE RULES: Use highest average of 21 games or more from 2009-2010 season. If no 2009-2010 average use highest average at the time of bowling ( 21 games or more, 2010-2011 season ). At time of bowling if your average is 15 or more pins higher than last year's average, the current average must be used.
7. Is this tournament Satiation?
Yes, it is USBC CERTIFIED.
8. Can I make reservation for this tournament?
YES: Tentative reservations will not be held later than February 1, 2011 unless fully paid. The person who makes the tentative reservations must also mail in all entry blanks and fees for the tentative reservations he/she made.
Special Note: Premature termination of the tournament brought about by war, national emergency, fire, labor difficulties or other reasons beyond the control of the PFENBA shall cause the foregoing prize schedules to be pro-rated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled up to the time of termination.
9. What is six ( 6 ) game events and Added events ?
1. A 6 game combine event is the bowler scores in Singles & doubles events plus handicap. Fee is $5.00. This event replaces the nine ( 9 ) game scratch all events.
2. A Mixed Doubles Tournament is held on Friday nights during the National Tournament. Entry fee is $30.00 per couple. ( $13.00 prize fee - $5.00 tourney expense). A separate entry blank is used for this tournament.
10. When are Singles and Doubles Bowled ?
H - Unless otherwise scheduled by the Tournament Manger, singles and doubles will be bowled on Saturday ( doubles to follow immediately after the singles ) and the Team event will be bowled on Sunday.
Note: Be sure to indicate date and time preferred on entry blank. The Tournament Manger will assign all lanes.
11. How many times can I bowl in the Postal Tournament ?
I- Bowlers may not compete more than once in any event. Bowlers may not bowl in one minor event only ( Singles and Doubles ). Bowlers must bowl in both or neither. The Tournament Manger will make every effort to find partners for extra bowlers. List your extra bowlers on the entry. If bowler is listed alone in Singles and Doubles, it will be assumed that bowler needs a partner and will be assigned one.
Note: PLEASE do not list a bowler on more than one entry blank in the Singles and Doubles.
12. Can we have Substitutions during the tournament, and what are the rules ?
U- All substitution must be made at least one ( 1 ) hour before the bowler is scheduled to bowl. If the Tournament Manger does not have the change at least one ( 1 ) hour before the scheduled bowling time, the substitute will not be allowed to bowl. The only exception to this rule is when the Tournament Manger deems it an emergency that the change could not have been made in the allotted time. There will be no substitutions during a game or series except for injury.
13. General Information.
J- All claims of error in scoring of handicap must be make within 48 hours and received in writing 72 hours after bowling or they will not be allowed.
K- Top winners, and others that the Tournament Manager requests, must submit average verification from their city association no later than ten days after receiving the form. Winners not returning average verification within ten days are subject to disqualification.
L- Violation of Tournament or USBC rules may void a bowlers eligibility for any prize.
M- After entries have been received and dates assigned by the Tournament Manager are not refused by the team or individual entrant prior to preparation of the schedule, no fees shall be returned.
N- Teams must consist of 5 men or 5 ladies. No mixed teams...
O- The tournament Manager has the authority to turn the lanes off after 4 hours in the singles and doubles if he feels there is no reason for the delay except the bowlers taking unnecessary time.
P- Payment must be made by Money Order, Cashier's Check or Certified Check. No personal checks accepted. All payments returned to the Treasurer for nonpayment will be subject to a $25.00 service charge.
Q- Rule 323- This Rule regarding pacers is not in effect in this tournament.
R- Rule 327c- This Rule regarding scores lost in the scoring process is not in effect in this tournament.
S- Rule 319a2 does not apply in this Tournament (Ten-pin rule).
T- Rule 319d does apply in this tournament ( Tournament Prize Winning).